June 21, 2009

Spain Student Visa

Requirements:

- Canadian passport: No problem; CHECK

- Recent picture: CHECK

- Medical record: Weird requirement but CHECK

- Acceptance letters: CHECK

- Criminal record: Okay... I have issues with this. First off, are you suspecting me as a terrorist? I'm sorry that you guys got a terrorist attack resulting in catastrophic deaths, but really I'm not. Secondly, it takes 2-3 weeks to process that record which means ARGHHH. Thirdly, although I've submitted my application to get my record, I remember I accidentally wrote the wrong digits for the address (356 instead of 365). Now I have to go to police office to see if I can change it... Which might be another week longer. GRRR.

- Flight reservation: All right, so I'm supposed to do this but you guys say don't finalize your traveling plans until visa's been approved. WTF... How contradictory and ironic. So maybe I'll reserve a flight but can't go on because I don't have my visa? My flight would have to depend on the date of issue of my visa! Yet they want to know when I'm leaving? What is this???

- Hotel reservation: Umm... still looking around. I have another option, which is private housing... with a letter of invitation from local Spanish police station. WTF. How am I supposed to do it?

- Financial statement: Gosh, this gives me the biggest headache. I'm not going to run off when I arrive in Spain okay? Give me a break.

Oh did I mention it takes about 2 months to process? So based on the waiting time for these required documents, I can only apply until early July, but my school starts on September 21 and I have to be there at least a week to search for apartment and to be acquainted with the city. It's gonna be a rush....

Plus, the Consulate of Spain only opens form 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. I can't believe they actually apply their siesta here in Canada. And Spaniards are slowwwwwwww. I understand they like to enjoy life but please not at the expense of others...

Sigh... Bureaucracy with a Spanish flavour is not that tasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment