December 7, 2008

A Town Where You Can See the Ocean

During my shift I was really bored. There were no guests coming in or out of the building. Honestly, I've never ever been that bored during my shift. I guess since it was starting to be December, and snowy, people are just leaving I decided to do some youtube-ing, which I shouldn't have been doing.



I came across this music piece from Kiki's Delivery Service (again): A Town Where You Can See the Ocean (海の見える街). It's by Joe Hisaishi (久石譲). Every time I listen to this I think of... Valencia, imagining myself voyaging through the medieval streets of the city. This music just has this excitement, curiosity, and joy of traveling and exploring. It totally has an European feel. And it actually has a Spanish flavour to it when performed on the classical guitar.



I guess it can be related to any destination that I've never been to, like The Hague, Netherlands, where I'll be going in March for World MUN. It'll be my first European country I've ever been! Honestly, this year has been pretty good to me. I'm just happy that I was more involved in school

No comments:

Post a Comment