November 22, 2008

B.U.M. Energy. Deseos. Book Eater.

I have been such a bum these days since the strike. I have no motivation. I have four papers that are supposed to be due during this period, but I've only finished one, well, almost one. I hate this feeling. I am actually starting to stress out. Yes, I sound stupid, but really I do. I don't know when the strike will end, and when it does, DUN DUN DUN, all papers are due at the same time!!! Not good. I really want to start, but what's the point when you have the feeling that this "vacation" will continue for like... eternity? Really, this isn't great, but I MUST. MUST. MUST do it!

Other than that, I've been back to the GYM!!! I am happy! It's so good to keep my heart rate up and gain energy! I just like to be in a closed space where I don't have to worry about time, and where I see everyone is working, working, working, serious about their act, and no fooling around.

Additionally, I've been working on my exchange and internship application for next year and the following summer, respectively. I hope I get to go to University of Valencia for internship AND for exchange. That would mean that I'll be live in Spain for a year! A year! Just enjoying life and the sun and partying along with speaking and improving my Spanish. I can't wait. I am really excited. I hope the interview can be now so I can just get it over. I have some feeling that I have a great chance to get it. Professor Martinez and Fonseca have assured me, and my other friends in my classes are confident too. I hope it comes true. That would be such a life experience! Even if only one or neither come true, well, what can I say? I still need to move on, however disappointing it will be. But that just mean that I can still take some courses I like here at York and be more active with student clubs. We'll see.

(But I do want to go to Valencia!)

I also am reading books. I just finished reading The Notebook. I'm currently reading Penguin's Book of Canadian Short Stories. It's actually really nice to read. I'll just read a story a day. I'm also catching up on my university readings, especially political theory. Honestly, the professor is good, but the material is dry, dry like a pretzel, like turkey white meat. Who cares what Socrates said? Why should we study Plato and Aristotle when it is so evident and clear that their theories are so flawed? Sigh, I'm never into those abstract ideas. Additionally, I'm going to read Sense and Sensibility, The Da Vinci Code, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Subtle Knife. Yes, that's a lot, but hey who says I can't finish them?

Most important thing I'm doing now is planning to go back to Taiwan. I haven't been back for one and a half years. Though just back for three weeks, I am still excited. I can't wait to see family members, friends, and the environment I grew up. I've been told that so much has changed. It's really interesting how things can change in a short period. Most importantly I am escaping from the cold! Yes, hot hot sun. Warmth. Heat. Lovely. Hope to see all the ones I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment