November 24, 2008

Lo Quiero Actualmente?

I just went over my exchange application today. It's really somewhat a hastle. I need departamental confirmation, but with the strike it's really really hard to get a hold of the academic people, since all academic activities are suspended. And so far, ha, a lot of the administrators or secretaries aren't very student-friendly, which means I will have a problem getting a hold of those directors or advisors.

In addition to that, let's say if I do get to go to Spain, well, more questions pop up:

Where do I live? Residence or share an apartment with strangers? How do I find it?

Do I need to open a bank account? What will I need to do it?

How will I adjust to the lifestyle?

Will I find other Canadians or English-speaking people who are like me?

How much will I spend?

What do I do once my year is over: move back to Canada or travel? For how long?

What will happen to me? Will I enjoy my time?

Will I be able to face the biggest challenge I have up to this point of my life?

Con estas preguntas, tengo miedo.

Do I really want this?

Do I really want to spend time and money for this when I have so many concerns and when so many things need to be considered?

People see the good side of this experience, but bad things can happen too! If something bad or wrong happens, um, it's not like my good friends are easy to contact or available to listen to me.

But, as Spanish always say:

Q será,

Será.

I can only go ahead and finish the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment